Whipping up this treat is super easy and super fast. And my son loves them. That’s a recipe trifecta!
This recipe was actually part of my Purple Carrot delivery that was gifted to us from one of my husband’s former clients. Incredibly kind and generous and we are very grateful.
1/4 cup almond butter
1/4 brown rice syrup
1 cup puffed brown rice cereal
1/4 raisins or cranberries
- Add all of the almond butter to a microwave safe bowl and melt for about 30-40 seconds.
- Pour in all of the brown rice syrup and give it a stir.
- Gently fold in the puffed brown rice cereal.
- Add your raisins or cranberries and mix gently to form a dough.
- Roll into balls by taking about 2 tablespoons of the mixture and coaxing into 1 inch balls. You should be able to make about 14-15. (The instructions that came with the recipe said to wet your hands before rolling the balls, but I didn’t. Probably why I thought the “rolling” was a bit difficult.)
Tip: Wedding bands, rings, etc and this dough are not friends. Take the jewelry off.
And voila! In 6 steps, you’ll end up with a batch of Almond Butter Chews just like this…